Harvest appeal from Wells Foodbank
Harvest Festival is an important time in the Foodbank calendar as many people will donate over this period to help support those in need. According to Wells Vineyard Foodbank, public support is more important than ever this year, due to the increase in the number of people looking for help. At the same time as client numbers are growing, the price of groceries and essential items has continued to go up, putting a further squeeze on already stretched resources.
Demand has now outstripped the donations given in Waitrose, Santander and Morrisons. This means that the Foodbank must also spend around £1,700 a month on groceries to supplement the donations of tins and long life products.
Sue Marland, Senior Pastor of Wells Vineyard explains; “The ongoing generosity and support of people in Wells for the Wells Vineyard Foodbank is deeply appreciated. Despite receiving referrals from agencies such as Citizens Advice and the Job Centre, we actually don’t receive any direct government funding. Without public support, we simply wouldn’t be able to continue our vital work to support local people who are struggling to afford food and other essential items. That’s why it is more important than ever that we now receive financial donations as well as non-perishable products. If you can afford to help, please think of us. Even very small donations all add up - if everyone in Wells donated £5 to us this Harvest Festival, we would be able to raise an impressive £60,000!
There are a few ways in which you can help:
· Make a financial donation, either by visiting www.wellsvineyard.com or by scanning the QR code
· Organize a harvest collection within your workplace or school and deliver the donation to us at Jocelyn Drive. We can arrange for large donations to be collected by our volunteers
· Donate an item or two from our Harvest Appeal shopping list
Every penny donated will go directly to help stock and run the Foodbank (clients), unless you specifically direct us to use it for another purpose such as our Van Appeal
Harvest Appeal Shopping List
· Tinned meals e.g. stewed steak, chicken in white sauce, Sausages and Beans, Bolognese
· Tinned fish; ham, corned beef
· Tinned fruit and vegetables
· Tinned custard & rice pudding
· Tea, coffee & longlife/UHT milk (not skimmed) , Alternative milks
· Instant meal pots and kits e.g. curry, stir fry & Mexican meals
· Toiletries e.g. toothpaste, shampoo & shower gels
· Washing up liquid & cleaning products
· Laundry pods/powder
For more information on other ways to help, please contact:
· Sue Marland 07984382157; +263 77 234 0762 (WhatsApp) / email@example.com
· Nicole Greenslade on 07769 711 635
· Facebook: Wells Foodbank and Furniture Storehouse Project